$2100 USD - Summer Job in Guangdong, China
Zhuhai, Guangdong province, P.R.China
Position: Summer Learning Camp Teacher
Student age: 9 – 14 years old
Time Period: Session 1 (July 13th ---- July 22nd )
Session 2 (July 25th ---- August 3rd)
Session 3 (August 6th ---- August 15th)
Reference no. GLV03ceslJ
Our School is seeking qualified, enthusiastic and skillful teacher interns with a rich life experience and a variety of interests and talents.
We are established in 1999, was first known as The Peace Club. It is still known in Chinese as Peace English.
We are one of the most famous English Language training schools in China, providing students with a total immersion experience and environment.
Our summer camp students are range from 8 to 14 years old. Our teaching team is comprised of international members and led by a dynamic international management team. The program includes indoor and outdoor activities to help participants improve their English skills in an interactive and fun environment.
At our school, our students don't just study language but are given the total experience of living in a new language environment. Their experience at Gateway Language Village will help them realise their true potential and so play their full part in building the global village of the future.
Our teachers and staffs commit to excellent education in all they do and genuinely concern for the well-being and progress of all our students. We strive to adopt positive and cooperative attitudes towards everyone who works and studies at our school.
Zhuhai – The City
Zhuhai, a major city in the Pearl River Delta, one of the nation’s economically faster-growing regions, it is a garden city, and is regarded by some as the most romantic city in China, with clean air and beautiful scenery. With more than 100 islands, Zhuhai is famous for its hot springs and golf clubs. Zhuhai has many attractions worthy of visiting, including the Zhuhai Fisher Girl Statue, New Yuanmingyuan Garden, Pearl Land Amusement Park, Jiuzhou City, Meixi Royal Stone Archways, Huangyang Mountain and Baiteng Lake.
Zhuhai has a humid subtropical climate, hot and humid in the summer and dry in the winter.
Zhuhai is only one hour away from Shenzhen and Hong Kong by high-speed ferry. Macau is close by and Guangzhou is a two-hour bus ride away.
For more information on the city of Zhuhai have a look at these sites:
• Minimum of 45 hours teaching per session
• Lesson planning
• Use audio / video materials in classes
• Carry out teaching related responsibilities including, but not limited to demonstration classes, conversation clubs, tutorials, seminars and presentations
• Attend centre social events
• 3,600 RMB for each session
• 80RMB per hour paid for any hours worked over 45 per session
• Teachers who successfully completes all 3 session will be given a bonus of 3000RMB
• Free shared housings and meals during Orientation/Training and camp sessions
• Airport pick up in Zhuhai
• Teachers are responsible for their own travel and visa costs
• 3 - 5 days orientation & training before camp starts
• Bachelor’s degree and TEFL certificate preferred
• Native English speaker from UK, USA, Canada, Australia, Ireland or New Zealand
• Some teaching experience especially working with children
• Plenty of passion and energy
How to Apply
Please send the following to Jessica at jobs@GoldStarTeachers.com:
• Covering letter
• Recent photo
• Degree certificate (scan)
• Passport photo page (scan)
• Quote reference no. GLV0ceslJ
The TEFL jobs in China training program is organized by the Information
Research Center, of the State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs (SAFEA).
The TEFL jobs in China certification is authorized by the department of Cultural
and Educational Experts, of the State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs
(SAFEA), and is officially recognized throughout China.
In order to address fluctuations in supply and demand for foreign teachers in
China, foreign expert status is limited to those who have two years teaching
experience. The department of Cultural and Educational Experts, of the State
Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs (SAFEA) permits foreigners to teach in
China, with foreign expert status, if they have taken the TEFL jobs in China
training, have obtained their certificate, and have their records on the
evaluation system for foreign language experts, which is maintained by the
Information Research Center, SAFEA. Of course, every applicant who would like to
apply a foreign expert certificate must have a bachelor's degree or beyond.